Happy Memorial Day, Folks! We are extremely grateful for all who have served and fought for our freedom. ❤️💙
***If you are having ANY trouble at all staying in touch or connected with your mentee while we’re in quarantine, LET YOUR COACH KNOW RIGHT AWAY!***
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For May, the challenges will center around the theme of Live Healthy, Be Healthy. This week’s challenge is to pick one area of health to keep working on with your mentee. In which area of their life are they the most unhealthy? Check-in and see what they would like to work on and then make a plan to work on it together! Maybe it’s competing with each other for total number of steps per day. Or, maybe you both agree to eat two green vegetables each day. Maybe you help your mentee start journaling and encourage them to use it as a place to reflect and sort out their thoughts. Help your mentee choose an area of health, make a plan and then be sure to follow-up to see how things are going!
BONUS CHALLENGE: May is Mental Health Awareness month. It’s normal for children and youth to experience a wide range of strong emotions as they grow and mature. However, when extreme emotions start having negative effects on relationships and daily activities, it’s time to intervene. Check out YouthGov.Org for more information.
TIP of the WEEK: Let’s talk more goal setting. Remember, goals may be hard for your mentee to see purpose in, see feasibility in or see a path toward. Once you’ve gotten a sense of what your mentee wants to accomplish, start talking about what they’re already doing to get there. Do they even know what they could/should be doing to get there? Help them break this process down!
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
REMINDER: ALL COACHING MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. REACH OUT TO YOUR COACH FOR SPECIFIC DAY, TIME AND PLATFORM INFO.
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
MARILYN: Week of May, April 26th 7-8 p.m. firstname.lastname@example.org
VAL: Tuesday, May 12th 5:30-:30 p.m. val @intentionalmentoringmadison.org
ASHLEY: During the week of May 20th 7-8 a.m. email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, May 4th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- If your mentee and/or their family are in need of any free meals during this uncertain time, please check out the YMCA’s post 7 Free Food Sites
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events checkWest HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
All the best,