Have y’all been watching the Olympics? I forgot they were starting and now I feel like I’ve missed so much! Those snowboards flipping their way down mountains amazes me every time.
Challenge for the week:
For February, the challenges will center around the theme of Share the Love. This week’s challenge is to share the love with friends, family, teachers, neighbors, etc by making and giving Valentines. Make this a teachable moment. Could your mentee write their Valentines in poem form, could they use more details and be more specific? Encourage them to stretch a bit outside of their comfort zone to really share how they feel! If you or your mentee are crafty, try making DIY Valentines!
BONUS CHALLENGE: February is Black History Month. Check out these links, 28 Ways to Celebrate Black History Month or 20 Ideas for Celebrating Black History Month for ideas on learning, sharing and growing in knowledge and awareness.
TIP of the WEEK: The more you get to know someone and find out that you have a lot in common with them, the more likely it is that these commonalities can break down biases and form connections. Following are questions you can use to go deeper in conversations and learn what you have in common with your neighbors, co-workers and those you meet.
1.) Where did you grow up and what is most memorable about it?
2.) Who was your role model growing up? Who is your role model now?
3.) What about the world right now saddens, frustrates or angers you?
4.) Where would you like to travel to and why?
5.) What are some things you are grateful for? ~Taken from https://lovehasnolabels.com/why-it-matters
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, February 28th 6:30 – 7:30 firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, February 7th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
“My mentor said ‘Let’s go do it’, not ‘You go do it.’ How powerful when someone says ‘Let’s!’” ~Jim Rohn
All the best,