Here comes February! Two more days to stick with your New Year’s resolutions and then you’ve made it! And by made it, I mean you’ve stuck with it for 30 days. What’s 335 more?? 🙂
Challenge for the week:
For February, the challenges will center around the theme of Share the Love. This week’s challenge is to share what you love with your mentee. Do you love your dog? Skiing? French fries? Your best friend? Talk about what you love and why. As a bonus, also show your mentee what you love. If it’s your dog, take your dog and your mentee to the dog park. If it’s skiing, get on those trails together! There are a LOT of French fries for sale around here! Once you’ve talked about and shared what you love, ask your mentee what he/she loves and encourage him/her to share and show you why!
BONUS CHALLENGE: February is Black History Month. Check out these links, 28 Ways to Celebrate Black History Month or 20 Ideas for Celebrating Black History Month for ideas on learning, sharing and growing in knowledge and awareness.
TIP of the WEEK: Sometimes our biases can live in our subconscious, making them hard to spot. The following self-reflection questions can help us recognize our bias and how they might be affecting our relationships.
1.) Have you ever avoided sitting next to someone in public based on how you perceived their race, religion, or ability?
2.) Have you ever justified using specific language (that might be offensive to others) because a friend told you it doesn’t bother them?
3.) Have you ever joked around and told someone to “stop acting like a girl”?
4.) Have you ever specified someone’s race when it wasn’t necessarily relevant? Ex. Referring to someone as the “black doctor” or “white cashier” or “Latina lawyer”
5.) Have you ever assumed a person’s stance on social issues based on their religion?
~Taken from https://lovehasnolabels.com/why-it-matters
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, February 28th 6:30 – 7:30 email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, February 7th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
All the best,