You guys. Have you been outside today? Did you see the ☀️? I know it was probably hard to recognize, but it’s back!!! FINALLY!
*Just a friendly reminder – please be mindful of Dane County’s face mask order. If you are spending time indoors with your mentee, be sure that you’re both wearing a mask (We have some if you or your mentee need one). If you’re outdoors, please remain cautious and smart about your interactions with each other.
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For September, the challenges will center around the theme of Back to School. This week’s challenge is to do a check-in. Before school started, you talked to your mentee about their hopes and anxieties for the school year. This week, check-in with them. How were they able to deal with their anxieties the first week? Did their fears dissipate or change? Do they see possibility in their hopes? Did new anxieties or hopes show up? Get them talking about what they’re feeling! As always, talk, question, listen, challenge and encourage your mentee!
BONUS CHALLENGE: September is Back-to-School Month and the layered crises facing our nation have made it, perhaps more than ever, imperative that we show up for mentees. With all of the uncertainty surrounding what back-to-school will look like, we need to make sure that students are heard, seen and supported during their learning. Challenge yourself to ask more questions, listen to the details and offer support to both your mentee and their family during this critical time.
TIP of the WEEK: You may not be aware of any ACE’s (Adverse Childhood Experiences) that your mentee has experienced, but if they are exhibiting any of the symptoms below, it’s likely they have experienced one or several.
-Basic mistrust of adults/unable to depend on others
-Belief that the world is unsafe and/or bad things will happen
-Assumes blame, rejection, fear/anxiety
-Feelings of hopelessness/pessimism
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
MARILYN: TBD email@example.com
VAL: Tuesday, September 8th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. firstname.lastname@example.org
ASHLEY: Scheduled Individually for now email@example.com
RYAN: TBD 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- SHARE THIS! Parent Support Group starting 9/17! Register by 9/14.
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events checkWest HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
All the best,