Happy Father’s Day to you and your loved ones! We hope that today you are able to celebrate the fathers in your lives, the fatherly role you play, the memories or fathers who have passed and/or the hope of one day being a father.
REMINDER: Doorstep Activity Boxes are ready to go! Please plan to pick up and deliver your box to your mentee by the end of this week! Text KatieMae (262-366-0030) to let her know when you’ll swing by to get it. Reply to this email ASAP if you are unable to pick up and deliver your mentee’s box so that we can make other arrangements. More details are in the email I sent out on Friday.
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For June, the challenges will center around the theme of Embrace Diversity. This week’s challenge is to learn about other cultures. You could share and talk about you and your mentee’s cultural traditions, learn to say a few words in another language (check out Ways to Say Hello in Different Languages), try some ethnic foods (Best Ethnic Restaurants in Madison) or visit a cultural exhibit (Visit Madison – Museums & Galleries). Explore and learn together!
BONUS CHALLENGE: We can’t let any more time pass without doing the work to fight for social justice. This month’s bonus challenge is to begin or continue the work in yourself. I don’t know where each of you are in your journey or what you need to hear, but I do know that we are all works in progress with room to grow. Here are several resources to help you on your journey. Anti-Racist Resources
TIP of the WEEK: It can be hard to remember that a mentor’s role is not to be a friend or a parent but to be a listening ear, a voice of wisdom and a source of truth. Hold tight to your role and never underestimate its value in your mentee’s life!
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
MARILYN: Thursday, June 25th 7-8 p.m. firstname.lastname@example.org
VAL: Tuesday, June 9th 5:30-:30 p.m. email@example.com
ASHLEY: Thursday, June 18th 7-8 a.m. firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, June 1st 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- Annual Intentional Mentoring Cookout! Date/event subject to change due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns. Make sure you talk to your mentee and their family about coming! The more the merrier! Also, feel free to bring games and chairs/blankets! More details to come.
- Goodman Pool is opening in July AND they’re offering pool admission scholarships! Check it out here!
- MMSD is excited to share a variety of summer employment programs will be available for students in grades 8 through 12, all over Madison, including volunteer positions and career development opportunities. If your mentee is interested, have them fill out this interest form!
- If your mentee and/or their family are in need of any free meals during this uncertain time, please check out the YMCA’s post 7 Free Food Sites
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events checkWest HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
All the best,