Here we are cruising right through May! It’s supposed to be so warm this week. I hope you are able to get out and soak up some of that heat!
***If you are having ANY trouble at all staying in touch or connected with your mentee while we’re in quarantine, LET YOUR COACH KNOW RIGHT AWAY!***
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For May, the challenges will center around the theme of Live Healthy, Be Healthy. This week’s challenge is to talk to your mentee about social health. What do you know about your mentee’s friendships? Do they have lots of friends, a few close friends, one good friend? Do they fall prey to peer pressure, do things just to fit in? Ask them what school is like outside of class? What do they do at lunch or recess? What does it feel like for them when a teacher says “find a partner to work with?” Are they more of a follower or more of a leader? What are their family relationships like? Share your experiences, ask them about theirs, challenge their thoughts and your own!
BONUS CHALLENGE: May is Mental Health Awareness month. It’s normal for children and youth to experience a wide range of strong emotions as they grow and mature. However, when extreme emotions start having negative effects on relationships and daily activities, it’s time to intervene. Check out YouthGov.Org for more information.
TIP of the WEEK: Goals are so helpful but can be so difficult for kids to set. That’s where you come in! Do you know what interests your mentee wants to pursue in the near future? Mostly likely, your mentee has thought about interests, dreams and/or a career they’d like to pursue someday. However, it’s just as likely they don’t have a plan for how they’ll get there. Talking about goal setting, making action steps and creating a plan could put your mentee on a pretty big learning cure. However, the sooner they get on that curve, the sooner they reach their goals! And, you’ll be right there with them supporting them along the way!
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
REMINDER: ALL COACHING MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. REACH OUT TO YOUR COACH FOR SPECIFIC DAY, TIME AND PLATFORM INFO.
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
MARILYN: Week of May, April 26th 7-8 p.m. email@example.com
VAL: Tuesday, May 12th 5:30-:30 p.m. val @intentionalmentoringmadison.org
ASHLEY: During the week of May 20th 7-8 a.m. firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, May 4th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- If your mentee and/or their family are in need of any free meals during this uncertain time, please check out the YMCA’s post 7 Free Food Sites
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events checkWest HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
All the best,