🌼Happy Mother’s Day!🌼 I hope you all enjoyed a lovely day spent with loved ones near to you or near to your thoughts.
***If you are having ANY trouble at all staying in touch or connected with your mentee while we’re in quarantine, LET YOUR COACH KNOW RIGHT AWAY!***
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For May, the challenges will center around the theme of Live Healthy, Be Healthy. This week’s challenge is to talk to your mentee about emotional health. How does your mentee view him/herself? Is their self-image positive, negative, a little bit of both? How do they view the people in their family, community and in the world? Are they a glass half empty or glass half full kind of kid? Dig in and discover where you could help your mentee develop or maintain a positive sense of self! If you’re not sure how to get this conversation started, try having your mentee describe him/herself (in words, in writing or in pictures) or ask him/her to share five good things that happened to them recently. Their answers will be telling!
BONUS CHALLENGE: May is Mental Health Awareness month. It’s normal for children and youth to experience a wide range of strong emotions as they grow and mature. However, when extreme emotions start having negative effects on relationships and daily activities, it’s time to intervene. Check out YouthGov.Org for more information.
TIP of the WEEK: As a mentor, you may be making more of a difference than you know. Just your consistent presence alone gives may gives your mentee the extra boost of confidence they need to persevere. Check out this graphic from www.mentoring.org
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
REMINDER: ALL COACHING MEETINGS WILL BE HELD VIRTUALLY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. REACH OUT TO YOUR COACH FOR SPECIFIC DAY, TIME AND PLATFORM INFO.
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
MARILYN: Week of May, April 26th 7-8 p.m. email@example.com
VAL: Tuesday, May 12th 5:30-:30 p.m. val @intentionalmentoringmadison.org
ASHLEY: During the week of May 20th 7-8 a.m. firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, May 4th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- If your mentee and/or their family are in need of any free meals during this uncertain time, please check out the YMCA’s post 7 Free Food Sites
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events checkWest HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
All the best,