It’s going to be in the 30’s and maybe even the 40’s this week. Y’all, this is going to feel like a HEAT wave!! 😎
Just a friendly reminder – please be mindful of Dane County’s face mask order & COVID precautions mandates.
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For February, the challenges will center around the theme of Share the Love. This week’s challenge is to tell your mentee what you like about them. Be specific – tell them you’ve noticed that they are funny, generous, authentic, mature, creative, etc.. Give your mentee specifics and make them feel the warm fuzzies! For some of your mentees, this may be the first time anyone has told them such things. Pay attention to how they are responding and even ask how hearing compliments made them feel.
BONUS CHALLENGE: February is Black History Month. Check out these links, 28 Ways to Celebrate Black History Month or 20 Ideas for Celebrating Black History Month for ideas on learning, sharing and growing in knowledge and awareness.
One way we can work to break down barriers and bias is by engaging with people and places from different cultures. Look for opportunities to support local restaurants and/or businesses that are owned by marginalized or underrepresented groups. This would be a great way for you and your mentee to grow and learn together! For ideas check out these links. Restaurants , Black Business Directory, Latino Business Directory, LGBTQ Chamber of Commerce
🤳🏽We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison🤳🏽
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Scheduled Individually for now firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, February 1st 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- Latino Youth Summit for 6th – 8th graders! Check out the Latino Youth Summit webpage which includes dates, times, and the application form where students can sign up until March 15th.
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
“A mentor empowers a person to see a possible future, and believe it can be obtained.” ~Shawn Hitchcock
All the best,