⛄Winter activity boxes are packed and ready for pick-up!⛄
Please check your email and texts for detailed information about pick-up. The boxes are so good. You and your mentee are about to have some fun together!
*Just a friendly reminder – please be mindful of Dane County’s face mask order & COVID precautions mandates.
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For December, the challenges will center around the theme of Family. This week’s challenge is for you to spend a little time with someone in your mentee’s family. This could look a lot of ways. Some options are:
1.) Hang around for a few minutes and talk to mom/dad/guardian when you pick up or drop off your mentee.
2.) Invite a family member to come along on one of your excursions (or to one of your virtual hangouts).
3.) Plan on doing something at your mentee’s home while the family is around.
Try to get to know a little more about the people in your mentee’s life so you can understand their world just a little bit more.
BONUS CHALLENGE: When we step back and reflect on the meaning of the holiday season, we remember that even more than family and presents and pretty decoration, it’s about hope and peace and light in the darkness. This month, challenge yourself to lead with hope, peace and light as you mentor your mentee. Whatever this looks like to you, do that. Whatever it feels like to you, do that. Whatever hope, peace and light you can share with your mentee, share that.
TIP of the WEEK: When working with a mentee who has not learned appropriate emotional responses due to the impact of poverty, a mentor modeling appropriate social behaviors can provide a significant learning opportunity for the mentee. The mentee’s mirror neurons can still pick up on the clues that they missed earlier. Never doubt how much your mentee is learning from you through your words AND actions! ~Taken from www.nea.org Teaching Children from Poverty and Trauma.
📸We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
MARILYN: Scheduled individually this month email@example.com
VAL: Tuesday, December 8th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. firstname.lastname@example.org
ASHLEY: Scheduled Individually for now email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, December 7th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events checkWest HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
All the best,