Activity Idea for the Week
For December, the challenges will center around the theme of Family. This week’s challenge is for you to spend a little time with someone in your mentee’s family. This could look a lot of ways. Some options are:
1.) Hang around for a few minutes and talk to mom/dad/guardian when you pick up or drop off your mentee.
2.) Invite a family member to come along on one of your excursions.
3.) Plan on doing something at your mentee’s home while the family is around
Try to get to know a little more about the people in your mentee’s life so you can understand their world just a little bit more.
Tip of the Week
When working with a mentee who has not learned appropriate emotional responses due to the impact of poverty, a mentor modeling appropriate social behaviors can provide a significant learning opportunity for the mentee. The mentee’s mirror neurons can still pick up on the clues that they missed earlier. Never doubt how much your mentee is learning from you through your words AND actions! ~Taken from www.nea.org Teaching Children from Poverty and Trauma.
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates
VAL: TBD 6:30 – 7:30pm email@example.com
RYAN: TBD 5:30 – 6:30pm firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For Memorial HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
All the best,