🎃 H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N 🎃
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For November, the challenges will center around the theme of Giving Thanks. This week’s challenge is to talk to your mentee about who they’re thankful for and why. Share who you’re thankful for and why too. Then, write some appreciation notes (store bought or homemade) and slip them in the mail or deliver them yourselves! This can also be an opportunity to teach how to address an envelope, write a note and tell people how you feel. As you’re writing, be sure to talk, listen, share and learn together!
BONUS CHALLENGE: There are numerous studies touting the benefits of practicing gratitude. Therefore, not wanting to ignore the experts and in keeping with the theme for the month, the bonus challenge for November is to give thanks daily. You might even try sending your mentee a text each day telling them what you’re thankful for that day and then asking them to share what they’re thankful for that day. Or, maybe you and your mentee start daily gratitude journals and hold each other accountable to filling them out daily. Find a way to give thanks and be grateful on a daily basis!
TIP of the WEEK: In addition to the hardships that come from living in poverty, many students from poverty have been traumatized in ways not directly related to their socioeconomic status. The number of students living in poverty who have been traumatized has been estimated between 50-80 percent. For this reason, it’s important to remember the tips on dealing with students who have experienced trauma that were shared in previous emails (safety, trustworthiness, choice, collaboration, equity). ~Taken from www.nea.orgTeaching Children from Poverty and Trauma.
📸 We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, November 29th 6:30 – 7:30 email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, November 1st 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK