Hi there! I hope you’re having a beautiful Sunday! 🙂
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For September, the challenges will center around the theme of Back to School. This week’s challenge is to get to know your mentee’s schedule. What school events do they have coming up that you could potentially attend? Do they play a musical instrument or sing in the choir? Start letting them know that you’d like to attend a concert! How about a cross country runner or a football player? Meets and games are happening now! Is your mentee looking for something to get involved in but they’re not sure what that is? Most schools have an MSCR coordinator that would be able to help you and your mentee find just the right fit!
BONUS CHALLENGE: September is Back-to-School Month and this means joy for some, anxiety for others and fear for a few. Let’s challenge ourselves to meet our mentees where they’re at this month. Walking alongside someone and sharing in their joy enhances that experience for them. Walking next to someone in moments of anxiety provides them with a sense of security and support. Walking beside someone who is afraid gives them a sense of safety and encouragement. Let’s be the people who walk alongside, next to and beside others this month.
TIP of the WEEK: You may not pick up on signs of trauma from your mentee right away, or at all. That’s okay! Children show their trauma differently, just as adults do. Be patient with yourself and with your mentee. The goal is to be aware that trauma may be a factor playing into your mentee’s well-being, and it may not be. Keep listening, observing, learning and reaching out to your coach for support in supporting your mentee.
📸 We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, September 27th 6:30 – 7:30 email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, September 6th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
In a battery, I strive to maximize electrical potential. When mentoring, I strive to maximize human potential. ~Donald Sadowayogant.
All the best,