It may be Monday night, but that doesn’t mean it’s too late for this week’s email . . . it just means that I got distracted yesterday. Oops! 😊
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For August, the challenges will center around the theme of Friendship. This week’s challenge is to do a friendship activity with your mentee. Some possible ideas are to:
- Make friendship bracelets
- Plan to read and discuss the book Wonder
- Watch and discuss a movie that teachers about friendship (Toy Story, My Girl, E.T., The Sandlot, Charlotte’s Web, Finding Nemo, Bridge to Terabithia, Lilo and Stitch)
- Have your mentee journal and discuss some of these questions
As always, talk, question, listen, challenge and encourage your mentee while participating in any activity and have fun!
BONUS CHALLENGE: August is Advocacy Month and, according to MENTOR, Members of Congress make strong commitments to mentoring and youth development during this month. You can help the cause by choosing to advocate on behalf of a number of legislative issues. Click this link to learn more and to send a quick note to our legislatures.
TIP of the WEEK: Remember that you’re not alone! Your coach and peer mentors are excellent resources! It’s important for you to rely on them and depend on them for support, ideas and feedback.
📸 We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, August 30th 6:45 – 7:45 email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, August 2ne 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
The delicate balance of mentoring someone is not creating them in your own image, but giving them the opportunity to create themselves. ~Steven Spielberg
All the best,