Welcome to August folks! Time to pack in everything left on our summer bucket lists and soak up as much sunshine as possible!
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For August, the challenges will center around the theme of Friendship. This week’s challenge is to have an intentional conversation about friendships with your mentee. You’ve probably already talked, at least some, about your mentee’s friends, but what do you know about their views on friendship? Do they value friendship? Do they prefer a few close friends or a large group of friends? In their opinion, what makes a good friend? Do they think they are a good friend? Why or why not? Instead of talking about who their friends are, talk about why those are their friends. Get some insight into where they’re mind is in terms of friendship so that you can dig in further over the next couple of weeks!
BONUS CHALLENGE: August is Advocacy Month and, according to MENTOR, Members of Congress make strong commitments to mentoring and youth development during this month. You can help the cause by choosing to advocate on behalf of a number of legislative issues. Click this link to learn more and to send a quick note to our legislatures.
TIP of the WEEK: It’s hard to achieve a goal if you never set one. Am I right, or am I right? Many times kids don’t think about much more than what’s happening within the next 5 minutes, which can make goal setting difficult for them. Be their helper in visualizing tasks, activities, conversations, work, etc. that they want to accomplish and then work with your mentee to design, and begin working toward, a SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant and timely) goal.
📸 We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, August 30th 6:45 – 7:45 firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, August 2ne 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You, too? I thought I was the only one.” ~C.S. Lewis
All the best,