Good Afternoon! It’s almost July and that means it’s almost time for our annual Intentional Mentoring Cookout! Make sure to check out the flyer attached below and be on the lookout for more info coming at ya through social media and text/email! 🍔🌭
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For July, the challenges will center around the theme of Independence. This week’s challenge is to think about ways you can encourage your mentee to be independent and then facilitate a way for them to try it out. Going to get some ice cream? Have your mentee place their own order. At a museum or other local event? Encourage your mentee to ask a staff member a question. Going somewhere new? Have your mentee stop to ask for directions. See how comfortable your mentee is with being independent in these ways in order to give yourself some perspective about where you can grow together!
BONUS CHALLENGE: July is Career Readiness Month so let’s learn about how you can help your mentee start preparing now. Step 1: Find out what your mentee wants to be when they grow up. If they have several ideas, learn more about their specific interests in each. If they have one idea, find out what made them hone in on that one. If they don’t have any ideas, help them sort through their interests and then share some careers that match those interests. If you need help, have them fill out this interest survey.
TIP of the WEEK: Open and honest communication are keys to strong relationships. Be sure to set up a communication plan with your mentee – figure out if you will text, call, e-mail or use other social media channels to keep in touch. Determine what is the best day of the week and/or time to reach each other. Once your communication plan is set, be sure to stick to it and let each other know if anything changes or if you feel it’s not working for one of you.
📸We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, June 28th 6:45 – 7:45 firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, June 7th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- 🍔ANNUAL INTENTIONAL MENTORING COOK OUT! 🍔 Check out this flyer for more info!
- Penn Park, June 29th – “It Takes a Village” event 1p-5pm
- Meadowood Park, July 2nd – “Welcome Back” event. Time is TBD.
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
All the best,