You guys, I just found last week’s email update in my drafts folder 🙄 I thought about sending it to you today, along with today’s version, but that might just be too much Intentional Mentoring email goodness in your inbox all at once. So, today’s Mother’s Day edition is all you get and all you need!
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY to all of you who are mom’s and to all of you volunteering your time and support as part of the village working to raise up the next generation. We are grateful for you all! 🌷
Just a friendly reminder – please be mindful of Dane County’s face mask order & COVID precautions mandates.
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For May, the challenges will center around the theme of Live Healthy, Be Healthy. This week’s challenge is to get moving! Talk to your mentee about the importance of exercise and some options of how to get it in each day. Then, try some options out and see what your mentee likes best! Go for a bike ride, take a jog, grab friends and play Tag, play tennis or basketball or volleyball, go swimming, challenge them to a push-up contest or sit-up contest, jump rope, take a karate lesson…whatever you decide, just make sure you do it together and have fun while practicing healthy habits!
BONUS CHALLENGE: May is Mental Health Awareness month. It’s normal for children and youth to experience a wide range of strong emotions as they grow and mature. However, when extreme emotions start having negative effects on relationships and daily activities, it’s time to intervene. Check out YouthGov.Org for more information.
TIP of the WEEK: As a mentor, it’s easy to slip into the role of trying to “fix” our mentees or show them a “better” way of life. However, at Intentional Mentoring, our goal is to have mentors walk alongside mentees. Your role is to nurture, listen, guide and provide support. Check out this video called White Saviorism for another perspective.
📸 We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, May 24th 6:45 – 7:45 email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, May 3rd 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
“A lot of people put pressure on themselves and think it will be way too hard for them to live out their dreams. Mentors are there to say, ‘Look, it’s not that tough. It’s not as hard as you think. Here are some guidelines and things I have gone through to get to where I am in my career.’” ~ Joe Jonas
All the best,