Hello hello! It’s a bright, bright sunshiny day – get out there and enjoy it! After you read this email, of course 😉
Just a friendly reminder – please be mindful of Dane County’s face mask order & COVID precautions mandates.
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For April, the challenges will center around the theme of Earth Day. This week’s challenge is for you and your mentee to make a permanent “Earth Day, Every Day” change. What is one thing you could change that would have a positive impact on the earth? If you always pack your lunches in paper and plastic bags, switch to reusable containers. If you buy drinks in plastic bottles, consider carrying your own refillable water bottle instead. Take shorter showers, turn off the water while you brush your teeth and soap your hands, buy used instead of new, walk, bike or bus instead of drive/get a ride . . . there are so many ways! Pick one or pick a few, commit to doing them together and help to make the earth a little greener!
BONUS CHALLENGE: April is national Youth Voice month. Youth voice refers to the distinct ideas, opinions, attitudes, knowledge, and actions of young people as a collective body. The term youth voice often groups together a diversity of perspectives and experiences, regardless of backgrounds, identities, and cultural differences. Check out https://youth.gov/youth-voices to be inspired and to get ideas about how you can continue to lift up youth voices.
TIP of the WEEK: The mission of Intentional Mentoring is to have Mentors interact with school, community, and families in order to strengthen the support network for students facing adversity. Right now it may seem like a difficult time to get connected with your mentee’s community, but difficult is not impossible. And, for some, connecting with community is more essential now than ever! Do you know the ways in which your mentee is connected to their community? Are they active in a neighborhood center? Do they attend a local church? Participate in neighborhood gatherings/events? Find out who your mentee interacts with outside of school because, remember, the goal is to increase the strength of your mentee’s support network by connecting with as many people in it as possible!
📸 We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, April 26th 6:45 – 7:45 email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, April 5th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
All the best,