For April, the challenges will center around the theme of Earth Day. This week’s challenge is for you and your mentee to make a permanent “Earth Day, Every Day” change. What is one thing you could change that would have a positive impact on the earth? If you always pack your lunches in paper and plastic bags, switch to reusable containers. If you buy drinks in plastic bottles, consider carrying your own refillable water bottle instead. Take shorter showers, turn off the water while you brush your teeth and soap your hands, buy used instead of new, walk, bike or bus instead of drive/get a ride . . . there are so many ways! Pick one or pick a few, commit to doing them together and to help make the earth a little greener!
Mentor Growth and Development Plan for February-April is here.
Look ahead to the May-August plan here!
Poverty and Trauma
Students who live in poverty are less likely to have growth mindsets. Instead, they have what researchers call a “fixed mindset,” and this correlates with lower test scores than their peers who do not live in poverty. However, students who live in poverty and do have a growth mindset, score equally as well as their wealthy peers. So, does your mentee have a growth or fixed mindset? Tune into how they talk about learning and help encourage a new or expanding growth mindset in them! ~Taken from www.nea.org Impact of Poverty on Students. All in Their Mind?
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates
VAL: Monday, April 24th 6:30 – 7:30pm email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, May 1st 5:30 – 6:30pm firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For Memorial HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
All the best,