Thank you SO much to all of you who enjoyed some tasty pizza last Thursday in support of us and MOD Pizza! We appreciate you!! 💕
Just a friendly reminder – please be mindful of Dane County’s face mask order & COVID precautions mandates.
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For April, the challenges will center around the theme of Earth Day. This week’s challenge is to get in the dirt! Plant a tree or some flowers or maybe pull some weeds. You could do this at your house, at your mentee’s house, at a neighbor’s, a school, a park…the options are endless! As always, be sure to engage your mentee in conversation while you’re getting your hands dirty!
BONUS CHALLENGE: April is national Youth Voice month. Youth voice refers to the distinct ideas, opinions, attitudes, knowledge, and actions of young people as a collective body. The term youth voice often groups together a diversity of perspectives and experiences, regardless of backgrounds, identities, and cultural differences. Check out https://youth.gov/youth-voices to be inspired and to get ideas about how you can continue to lift up youth voices.
TIP of the WEEK: The mission of Intentional Mentoring is to have Mentors interact with school, community, and families in order to strengthen the support network for students facing adversity. Have you talked to any of your mentee’s teachers lately? Communication is key! Even if your mentee is an on top of it student, it’s important for you to let your mentee’s teachers know that you’re in your mentee’s life. Increase the support network by connecting yourself with as many people in your mentee’s life as you can!
📸 We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, April 26th 6:45 – 7:45 email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, April 5th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK “A mentor is someone who sees more talent and ability within you than you see in yourself, and helps bring it out of you. ” ~Bob Proctor
All the best,