🍕 It’s MOD Pizza week Y’all!! 🍕
This Thursday, April 15th MOD Pizza in Fitchburg will give back 20% of what you spend to Intentional Mentoring!! Details below. You MUST bring in the flyer if you order in-person. Use the code on the flyer to order online.
Just a friendly reminder – please be mindful of Dane County’s face mask order & COVID precautions mandates.
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For April, the challenges will center around the theme of Earth Day. This week’s challenge is to use a “greener” mode of transportation while hanging out with your mentee. Could you bike to the library or to get ice cream instead of driving? How about taking the bus? Maybe your mentee could show you how to use the bus system or maybe they’ve never used it and you could show them how. Instead of going for a drive, how about taking a walk and using it as a time for some intentional conversation? Bike, bus, scooter, walk, carpool, rollerblade…have fun protecting the earth together!
BONUS CHALLENGE: April is national Youth Voice month. Youth voice refers to the distinct ideas, opinions, attitudes, knowledge, and actions of young people as a collective body. The term youth voice often groups together a diversity of perspectives and experiences, regardless of backgrounds, identities, and cultural differences. Check out https://youth.gov/youth-voices to be inspired and to get ideas about how you can continue to lift up youth voices.
TIP of the WEEK: The mission of Intentional Mentoring is to have Mentors interact with school, community, and families in order to strengthen the support network for students facing adversity. Over the last few weeks, and continuing for the next few weeks, some students will be going back to school in-person for the first time in over a year. Whether or not students choose to stay virtual or go in-person, their schedule is changing. Concurrent teaching and learning will be new and the transition may be difficult for both your mentee and their teachers. Make sure you check-in! You’re not responsible for making this transition easier or better, but you can offer support and encouragement!. Staying connected with your mentee’s school and teachers will help them stay on track and help strengthen the support network surrounding them.
📸 We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, April 26th 6:45 – 7:45 firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, April 5th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- Intentional Mentoring day at MOD Pizza! Thursday, April 15th!!
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
“We’re here for a reason. I believe a bit of the reason is to throw little torches out to lead people through the dark. ” ~Whoopi Goldberg
All the best,