Challenge for the week:
For April, the challenges will center around the theme of Earth Day. This week’s challenge is to use a “greener” mode of transportation while hanging out with your mentee. Could you bike to the library or to get ice cream instead of driving? How about taking the bus? Maybe your mentee could show you how to use the bus system or maybe they’ve never used it and you could show them how. Instead of going for a drive, how about taking a walk and using it as a time for some intentional conversation? Bike, bus, scooter, walk, carpool, rollerblade…have fun protecting the earth together!
BONUS CHALLENGE: April is National Youth Voice month. Youth voice refers to the distinct ideas, opinions, attitudes, knowledge, and actions of young people as a collective body. The term youth voice often groups together a diversity of perspectives and experiences, regardless of backgrounds, identities, and cultural differences. Check out https://youth.gov/youth-voices to be inspired and to get ideas about how you can continue to lift up youth voices.
TIP of the WEEK:
The mission of Intentional Mentoring is to have Mentors interact with school, community, and families in order to strengthen the support network for students facing adversity. If you haven’t reached out to your mentee’s teachers in awhile, or ever, try it now. Ask about your mentee’s progress and any additional skills you may be able to help them with and/or encourage them to work on during this time. And remember, the more people in your mentee’s life that you are in communication with, the stronger the circle of support around them is.
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, April 18th 6:30 – 7:30pm firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, May 2nd 5:30 – 6:30pm Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
All the best,