🌷 HAPPY EASTER MENTOR PEEPS! 🌷 (See what I did there?☺️)
If you haven’t marked your calendars for Thursday, April 15th yet, do it now! MOD Pizza in Fitchburg has generously offered to give back 20% off of what you spend that day to Intentional Mentoring!! Details below. You MUST bring in the flyer if you order in-person. Use the code on the flyer to order online
Just a friendly reminder – please be mindful of Dane County’s face mask order & COVID precautions mandates.
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For April, the challenges will center around the theme of Earth Day. This week’s challenge is to get outside and clean up a green space. Pick up trash in a local park or in your mentee’s neighborhood, pull weeds and ready a garden bed or, if you’re up for a really smelly challenge – head to a popular dog walking spot and pick up poop! Grab some trash bags and rubber gloves, head to a green space and take care of the earth together. Don’t forget to engage in conversation while working!
BONUS CHALLENGE: April is national Youth Voice month. Youth voice refers to the distinct ideas, opinions, attitudes, knowledge, and actions of young people as a collective body. The term youth voice often groups together a diversity of perspectives and experiences, regardless of backgrounds, identities, and cultural differences. Check out https://youth.gov/youth-voices to be inspired and to get ideas about how you can continue to lift up youth voices.
TIP of the WEEK: The mission of Intentional Mentoring is to have Mentors interact with school, community, and families in order to strengthen the support network for students facing adversity. If you haven’t reached out to your mentee’s teachers in awhile, or ever, try it now. Check-in on how on-line and/or in person is going so that you have a better understanding of what your mentee may need help with. Ask about your mentee’s progress and any additional skills you may be able to help them with and/or encourage them to work on during this time. Right now it’s really important not to forget about school and the learning that must continue to happen. And remember, the more people in your mentee’s life that you are in communication with, the stronger the circle of support around them is.
📸We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Scheduled Individually for now email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, March 1st 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- Intentional Mentoring day at MOD Pizza! Thursday, April 15th!!
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
“What I think the mentor gets is the great satisfaction of helping someone along, helping somebody take advantage of an opportunity that maybe he or she did not have.” ~Clint Eastwood
All the best,