For April, the challenges will center around the theme of Earth Day. This week’s challenge is to get outside and clean up a green space. Pick up trash in a local park or in your mentee’s neighborhood, pull weeds and ready a garden bed or, if you’re up for a really smelly challenge – head to a popular dog walking spot and pick up poop! Grab some trash bags and rubber gloves, head to a green space and take care of the earth together. Don’t forget to engage in conversation while working!
Mentor Growth and Development Plan for February-April is here.
The mission of Intentional Mentoring is to have Mentors interact with school, community, and families in order to strengthen the support network for students facing adversity. Have you talked to any of your mentee’s teachers lately? Communication is key! Even if your mentee is an ‘on top of it’ student, it’s important for you to let your mentee’s teachers know that you’re in your mentee’s life. Increase the support network by connecting yourself with as many people in your mentee’s life as you can!
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates
VAL: Monday, April 24th 6:30 – 7:30pm email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, April 3rd 5:30 – 6:30pm firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For Memorial HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
All the best,