Challenge for the week:
For March, the challenges will center around the theme of Literacy. This week’s challenge is to visit a library with your mentee. Go downtown and walk the library from the bottom to the top. Check out a book, or don’t but be sure to explore! Or, maybe your mentee always goes to the library in their neighborhood, how about checking out a different one. Maybe your mentee has never been to the library at all and you can show them how it works. Or maybe you and your mentee can go for an adventure through the library, picking out random books and imagining what they may be about, or searching for some of your favorite books or just perusing until you both find a book you can’t wait to sit down and read. Have fun with it!
BONUS CHALLENGE: March is Women’s History Month. Check out these links, Women’sHistoryMonth.gov or 31 Ways to Celebrate Women’s History Month or Women-Owned Companies for ideas on learning, sharing and growing in knowledge and awareness.
TIP of the WEEK:
The mission of Intentional Mentoring is to have Mentors interact with school, community, and families in order to strengthen the support network for students facing adversity. How is communicating with your mentee’s family going? Are you ready to go beyond “hello” and “good-bye” while picking up/dropping off or calling to make plans with your mentee? Below are a few questions you could try to go deeper and learn more from your mentee’s family.
1.) How do you feel my relationship with ____________ is going?
2.) Is there anything you think I could do differently to better support _____________?
3.) Your son/daughter told me _______________________ and I wanted to let you know how inspiring/encouraging/thoughtful I felt their words work. I feel so grateful that I get to spend time with them and learn from them!
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, March 28th 6:30 – 7:30pm email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, April 4th 5:30 – 6:30pm Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
All the best,