For March, the challenges will center around the theme of Literacy. This week’s challenge is to try your hand at storytelling. One way you could do this is by writing a story with your mentee. Or, you could tell a story together. You say a random sentence to start it off and then have your mentee add on. Take turns adding sentences until your story is complete! Another option is for you to tell your mentee a story. Do you have a personal story that relates to something your mentee is going through? Do you know a folktale or short story that you could share? Maybe you have a leprechaun story! Have fun with this!
Mentor Growth and Development Plan for February-April is here.
Trauma and Poverty
It takes time for people who have experienced trauma to trust others again. Below are some ways to help them with trustworthiness.
- Make sure your mentee can rely on you by being honest and truthful
- Patiently work toward earning trust, despite setbacks
- Clearly explain expectations
- Be consistent on how you respond, especially in emotional situations
- Provide clear and appropriate boundaries
- Teach your mentee how to express feelings (model positive expression and regulation)
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates
VAL: Monday, March 27th 6:30 – 7:30pm email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, April 3rd 5:30 – 6:30pm firstname.lastname@example.org
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For Memorial HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
All the best,