Warmer weather this week! Are you excited, or wish for more snow?
Challenge for the week:
For March, the challenges will center around the theme of Literacy. This week’s challenge is to ask your mentee questions about reading. What is their favorite book and why? If they could be any character from a book, who would they be and why? If they wrote a story about themselves, what events would they include? If your mentee isn’t much of a reader, ask them about the kinds of stories they enjoy hearing and what role they would like to play in one. Encourage your mentee to share by sharing your answers too!
BONUS CHALLENGE: March is Women’s History Month. Check out these links, Women’sHistoryMonth.gov or 31 Ways to Celebrate Women’s History Month for ideas on learning, sharing and growing in knowledge and awareness.
TIP of the WEEK: The mission of Intentional Mentoring is to have Mentors interact with school, community, and families in order to strengthen the support network for students facing adversity. Getting to know and staying connected with your mentee’s family is vital to building trust and truly understanding your mentee’s perspective. As a mentor, you are in partnership with your mentee’s family, working together for a common goal. Do your best to reach out and make an effort with family members, even when it’s uncomfortable. Remember, they’re probably uncomfortable too! You’re a new adult in their child’s life. The more you connect with the mentee’s family letting them know who you are and getting to know who they are, the stronger your mentoring relationship will be!
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, March 28th 6:30 – 7:30pm email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, April 4th 5:30 – 6:30pm Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
All the best,