One week into March already. Where is the time going? We’re flying right out of winter and straight into spring. Did you see how much snow has been melting? Green grasses and budding trees will be here soon!
Just a friendly reminder – please be mindful of Dane County’s face mask order & COVID precautions mandates.
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For March, the challenges will center around the theme of Literacy. This week’s challenge is to try your hand at storytelling. One way you could do this is by writing a story with your mentee. Or, you could tell a story together. You say a random sentence to start it off and then have your mentee add on. Take turns adding sentences until your story is complete! Another option is for you to tell your mentee a story. Do you have a personal story that relates to something your mentee is going through? Do you know a folktale or short story that you could share? Maybe you have a leprechaun story! Have fun with this!
BONUS CHALLENGE: March is Women’s History Month. Check out these links, Women’sHistoryMonth.gov or 31 Ways to Celebrate Women’s History Month for ideas on learning, sharing and growing in knowledge and awareness.
TIP of the WEEK: Both bringing up and responding to sensitive topics is often challenging. Thankfully, the Anti-Defamation League has created Table Talk guides to help us all do it well. Check out their selection of topics and suggested questions and then try engaging your mentee in an open dialogue! Table Talk Guide
📸We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Scheduled Individually for now firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, March 1st 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- Latino Youth Summit for 6th – 8th graders! Check out the Latino Youth Summit webpage which includes dates, times, and the application form where students can sign up until March 15th.
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
“We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.” ~Winston Churchill
All the best,