I can’t believe March is in 2 days! Enjoy these last few weeks of winter!
Challenge for the week:
For March, the challenges will center around the theme of Literacy. This week’s challenge is to read with your mentee. Perhaps this looks like sitting in a coffee shop with your own books and cup of hot cocoa. Maybe it’s you reading your mentee’s favorite book with them or reading part of your favorite book to them. Or, you might grab a local newspaper and look through it asking your mentee to pick out an article that seems interesting to them. Whatever you read and however you do it, be sure to discuss it with your mentee after! What did they find interesting or confusing? How does what they read relate to their personal life? The discussion possibilities are endless!
BONUS CHALLENGE: March is Women’s History Month. Check out these links, Women’sHistoryMonth.gov or 31 Ways to Celebrate Women’s History Month for ideas on learning, sharing and growing in knowledge and awareness.
TIP of the WEEK: Talking about bias and inclusion isn’t always easy but, sometimes, a little inspiration can help. Check-out this video, created by Love Has No Labels, to see if it sparks any questions or discussion.
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, February 28th 6:30 – 7:30pm firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, March 7th 5:30 – 6:30pm Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
“The key to change is creating the space for young people to imagine a better way of life and support them so they can act on that vision.” ~S. Ginwright
All the best,