We are into mid-February already – the days are getting longer; the sunrise is before 7am! Bundle up and enjoy the sunshine as much as you can.
Challenge for the week:
For February, the challenges will center around the theme of Share the Love. This week’s challenge is to share the love with a stranger by committing a random act of kindness. Perhaps your mentee has an idea about what that could be or perhaps you can suggest a few ideas (check here for a bunch of ideas). When you’re done, talk about how it felt to help someone and share the love!
BONUS CHALLENGE: February is Black History Month. Check out these links, 28 Ways to Celebrate Black History Month or 20 Ideas for Celebrating Black History Month for ideas on learning, sharing and growing in knowledge and awareness.
TIP of the WEEK: Every day at home, at work and out in public, people hear and, sometimes, say words that demean and hurt others from different groups and with different backgrounds. Regardless of whether or not these words are said out of hate or ignorance, they impact those they’re directed at and those who hear them. Oftentimes, our response to hearing these types of words is to not respond. However, a good rule of thumb is that any response is better than no response. Perhaps try following up with these questions and engaging in a respectful dialogue.
What did you mean by what you said?
To me, that sounded like a stereotype. Do you understand why that was so hurtful? ~Taken From https://www.adl.org/
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, February 28th 6:30 – 7:30 email@example.com
RYAN: Monday, March 7th 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
“Getting the most out of life isn’t about how much you keep for yourself, but how much you pour into others.” ~ David Steddard
All the best,