Intentional Mentoring would love to reimburse you for doing a fun activity with your mentee this winter – tubing at Tyrol, jumping at Sky Zone, or ice skating at any of the many ice rinks in the area. For some of these activities you’ll need to have the family fill out a waiver before going. Talk to your coach about details and how to get reimbursed.
For February, the challenges will center around the theme of Share the Love. This week’s challenge is to share what you love with your mentee. Do you love your dog? Skiing? French fries? Your best friend? Talk about what you love and why. As a bonus, also show your mentee what you love. If it’s your dog, take your dog and your mentee to the dog park. If it’s skiing, get on those trails together! There are a LOT of french fries for sale around here! Once you’ve talked about and shared what you love, ask your mentee what he/she loves and encourage him/her to share and show you why!
Mentor Growth and Development Plan for February-April is here.
Trauma and Poverty
The definition of trauma is exposure to an event that threatens or harms the physical or emotional integrity of an individual, or someone close to the individual. Based on this definition, there are a variety of events and experiences that could have caused trauma in your own or your mentee’s lives. It’s important to recognize this and be aware of the fact that something significant may be causing shyness, being closed off, fear, acting out and a number of other behaviors. The first step in reaching someone who has, or is, gone (going) through trauma, is understanding this.
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates
VAL: Monday, February 27th 6:30 – 7:30pm firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, February 6th 5:30 – 6:30pm email@example.com
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For Memorial HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
All the best,