Intentional Mentoring would love to reimburse you for doing a fun activity with your mentee this winter – tubing at Tyrol, jumping at Sky Zone, or ice skating at any of the many ice rinks in the area. For some of these activities you’ll need to have the family fill out a waiver before going. Talk to your coach about details and how to get reimbursed.
For February, the challenges will center around the theme of Share the Love. This week’s challenge is to share the love with friends, family, teachers, neighbors, etc by making and giving Valentines. Make this a teachable moment. Could your mentee write their Valentines in poem form, could they use more details and be more specific? Encourage them to stretch a bit outside of their comfort zone to really share how they feel! If you or your mentee are crafty, try making DIY Valentines!
Mentor Growth and Development Plan for February-April is here.
Trauma and Poverty
Did you know that there are several different types of trauma? Trauma can be experienced in the form of a one-time event, a series of events (possibly over a period of time) or through historical events (cumulative emotional and psychological wounding across generations). Some events/experiences that may cause trauma are natural disasters, human-cause disasters, community violence, school violence, family trauma, refugee trauma, medical trauma, poverty, racial trauma and/or historical trauma. Not everyone responds the same to any one event or any series of events. It’s our job to understand this and to do our best to help our mentees build their capacity to unlearn the damaging effects they may be experiencing (possibly unknowingly) as a result of trauma.
We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates
VAL: Monday, February 27th 6:30 – 7:30pm firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, March 6th 5:30 – 6:30pm email@example.com
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For Memorial HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
All the best,