Hey Hey Hey! We hope you all had a wonderful weekend filled with laughter, sunshine and relaxation. Now it’s time to get ready for a great week ahead!
Don’t forget to follow us and tag us on social media! Look for IntentionalMentoringMadison on FB, Instagram and Twitter!
Challenge for the week:
For May, the challenges will center around the theme of Live Healthy, Be Healthy. This week’s challenge is to talk to your mentee about emotional health. How does your mentee view him/herself? Is their self-image positive, negative, a little bit of both? How do they view the people in their family, community and in the world? Are they a glass half empty or glass half full kind of kid? Dig in and discover where you could help your mentee develop a stronger sense of positivity! If you’re not sure how to get this conversation started, try having your mentee describe him/herself (in words, in writing or in pictures) or ask him/her to share five good things that happened to them recently. Their answers will be telling!
BONUS CHALLENGE: May is Mental Health Awareness month. It’s normal for children and youth to experience a wide range of strong emotions as they grow and mature. However, when extreme emotions start having negative effects on relationships and daily activities, it’s time to intervene. Check out YouthGov.Org for more information.
TIP of the WEEK: As a mentor, you may be making more of a difference than you know. Just your consistent presence alone gives your mentee the extra boost of confidence they need to persevere. Check out this graphic from www.mentoring.org
📸 We love seeing photos of you and your mentee spending time together! Please share them with us via your coach or using the hashtag #intentionalmentoringmadison 📸
Mentor Coaching Group Meeting Dates:
ASHLEY: Monday, May 24th 6:45 – 7:45 firstname.lastname@example.org
RYAN: Monday, May 3rd 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. Ryan@intentionalmentoringmadison.org
Upcoming Events to Note
- FREE Virtual Performing Arts events!
- Urban League of Greater Madison events and opportunities!!
- There are a lot of cool and FREE events at the Dream Bank on E. Washington St.. Check out the AmFam Dream Bank site for more info and to register.
- For a listing of local events checkout www.MadisonWithKids.com
- Free Library Events/Activities: Fitchburg Events Calendar Madison Events Calendar
- For Orchard Ridge events check Orchard Ridge Calendar
- For Toki events check Toki Calendar
- For Sennett events check Sennett Calendar
- For Cherokee events check Cherokee Calendar
- For Blackhawk events check Blackhawk Calendar
- For JMM HS events check Memorial HS Calendar
- For West HS events check West HS Calendar
- For La Follette HS events check La Follette Calendar
If you have a change in personal information (phone/address/email) please respond to this email or notify your mentor coach ASAP.
QUOTE of the WEEK
All the best,